Ralph Cross Collection

Title

Ralph Cross Collection

Description

Part of Hebden Bridge local History Society

Creator

Ralph Cross

Source

Hebden Bridge Local History Society

Rights

Copyright (c) 2006-2017 Pennine Horizons Digital Archive

Collection Items

Park Fold, Mytholmroyd - RAC00134
Fireplace in south west portion. 21st June, 1974.

Park Fold, Mytholmroyd - RAC00133
Blocked up south doorway to main block. 21 June 1957.

Park Fold, Mytholmroyd - RAC00126
Taken about 2 pm on 5th October, 1974

Wood Lane Hall, Sowerby, Halifax  - RAC00125
Wood Lane Hall is a Grade 1 listed building and was built in 1649 by John Dearden a yeoman clothier. The original timber framed house was encased in stone and enlarged, with the addition of a two storey porch which had an "apple and pear" window…

Upper Foot Farm, Luddendenfoot - RAC00124
Hall and cross wing house built around 1660.

Print in Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive, PH RCC-16.

Old Edge, Colden Nr. Hebden Bridge - RAC00123
Originally a wooden building, it was later stone encased. Cross passage plan. Date on porch 1676.

Print in Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive, PH RCC-10.

Lumb Hall Drighlington Nr Bradford PH RCC-11 20-08-1948 - RAC00122
Unmounted print. Grade I listed building built around 1640 for the Brookes family. The impressive window above the porch is known as a "wheel window". PH RCC - 11

Elland New Hall, Elland Nr Halifax - RAC00121
New Hall is regarded as one of the most important vernacular buildings of West Yorkshire.

Built in the late 15th century, by Nicolas Savile, a junior member of the powerful Savile family, Elland New Hall was originally a timber-framed…

Barkisland Hall Nr Halifax c1950 - RAC00120
The large and magnificent Barkisland Hall, built by John Gledhill in 1638, loudly proclaims the middling gentry status of its builder, John Gledhill. Unique within the district in being three storeys high, it has a fully developed F-plan with a…

Datestone from High Hirst, Hebden Bridge - RAC00119
August 1954. This is now in the Chantry House, Heptonstall.

Unknown Location - RAC00118
Can anyone help identify?

Te Deum Stone at Withens Gate - RAC00117
Members of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society pictured with the successfully re-erected Te Teum Stone, 26th May 1956.

Working on the Te Deum Stone - RAC00116
Members of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society working on the re-erection of the Te Teum Stone, 26th May 1956.

The Long Stoup on Langfield Common - RAC00115
Hebden Bridge Local History Society members, 26th May 1956. Edward Watson 2nd from right.

Te Deum Stone at Withens Gate - RAC00114
Members of Hebden Bridge Local History Society are about to raise the sunken stone. 26th May 1956. L-R. Frank Horsfall, William Greenwood, Keith Newbitt, Peter Greenwood, Edward Watson, Mr Moses, Bod Gledhill and Harry Lord.

Te Deum Stone at Withens Gate - RAC00113
Members of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society pictured with the successfully re-erected Te Teum Stone, 26th May 1956.

Description of Te Deum Stone - RAC00112
From Dawson's Historical Almanack, 1877. Sept 1956.

Turvin Mill, Cragg Vale - RAC00111
Turvin Mill was built in 1808. By 1833 it had a 10 HP water wheel and employed 57 workers (of which 31 were children). The water in the brook was supplemented by a catchwater drain half a mile long which collected the overflow from Whiteholm…

Victoria Mill, Cragg Vale - RAC00110
Victoria Mill was built by the Cragg Vale Manufacturing Co., a co-operative, in 1861, but went into liquidation by 1864 due to the 'Cotton Famine' and was sold to Hinchcliffe Hinchcliffe and Sons Ltd There were two 30HP engines and a 40HP water…
View all 35 items

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Collection Tree

  • Ralph Cross Collection