Chevet Park mansion was built in reign of Henry V111 (1529), on the site of a previous house, by the Nevile family. It was situated 3.5 miles south of the City of Wakefield in what is now the Newmillerdam Country Park. When, in 1720 John Nevile, the last of the eldest line of the family, died, the estate, it covered over 2,300 acres, was purchased by the Pilkington family who used it for hunting and fishing. Wakefield Council purchased the park in 1954 and later opened it to the public. The house itself was demolished, apparently due to mining subsidence, in the 1960s. All that remains is the Boathouse, which we understand is available for hire. The notes accompanying each photograph are from a series of lectures first given to the Hebden Bridge Literary & Scientific Society by Mr. George Hepworth around 1916.