Grade 11* - English Heritage Building ID: 336412. Esholt Hall, near Shipley, was built on the site of the former Medieval Esholt nunnery, by Sir Walter Calverley in 1706-07. The house was built with conservatory and a terrace. Described by English Heritage as being a remarkably sophisticated double pile house in a restrained renaissance style, for this date in West Yorkshire. The house is now used as a Conference and Staff Learning Centre for Yorkshire Water. The notes accompanying each photograph are from a series of lectures first given to the Hebden Bridge Literary & Scientific Society by Mr. George Hepworth around 1916.