This Grade II listed building in one of the best surviving manor houses in the Bradford area. Begun by William Rookes in 1640, it consists of a long range of 2-storey coursed gritstone. The central portion dated 1640 and 1651 comprises 2 halls. The west cross wing is of 1656 and 1658 and the right hand wing of 3-storeys was added by Edward Rookes-Leeds in 1770. The house is privately owned. The notes accompanying each photograph are from a series of lectures first given to the Hebden Bridge Literary & Scientific Society by Mr. George Hepworth around 1916.