<<< Back

Title: Springside, Todmorden, c1910 - MOT00419

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MOT00419.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Springside, Todmorden, c1910 - MOT00419

Subject

Buildings, Canal, Canals, Chimney, Chimneys, Mill, Mills, Railway, Railways, River, Rope works, Steam Power, Transport

Description

View looking towards Springside from Lob Mill area, c1910.

The long wooden building by the canalside was originally a rope works, erected Jonas Clegg in 1887.

The buildings on the roadside have all disappeared, along with the place names: Nell Cote and Burgy.

The Star Inn at Nell Cote can be seen in the centre of the picture, with its outside urinal, and the malthouse opposite (which still stands today) where the ale was brewed. Another rope works, operated by William Mason, was situated on the lane behind the tall houses.

The mills at Springside are Spring Mill (on the extreme right) and Nanholme weaving shed.

Source

Todmorden Information Centre Trust

Date

1910s

Rights

PHDA - Todmorden Information Centre Trust

Identifier

MOT00419.tif

Citation

“Springside, Todmorden, c1910 - MOT00419,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed November 20, 2018, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/10534.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Social Bookmarking