Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Airedale

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00191.jpg
The station seen here in MR days is on the MR’s Shipley – Guiseley line and opened at the same time as the line in 1876 and was closed in 1953 and the buildings subsequently demolished. An unstaffed station was re-opened in 1973 and the line, now…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00190.jpg
The station on the MR’s Shipley – Guiseley line opened at the same time as the line in 1876 and was closed in 1953 and the buildings subsequently demolished. An unstaffed station was re-opened in 1973 and the line, now electrified but reduced to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00180.jpg
The station seen here is Bingley’s second station and was opened in 1892 replacing the earlier station which was a little to the west near the Three Rise Locks on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. It remains open.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00179.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened at the same time as the section of the line between Shipley and Keighley in March 1847. The station on its last day as seen here was near the Bingley Three Rise…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00178.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened over its whole length in 1848 but a station wasn’t opened by the MR at Saltaire until 1856. This station was closed in 1965 and the buildings demolished in 1970. In 1984 a new…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00177.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Railway’s Aire Valley Line opened in July 1846 a few weeks after the line. This station was replaced in 1900 by the one seen here when the line was widened to four tracks. The station closed in 1965 but a new…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2