Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Boy Mill
Originally a corn mill and latter a fulling mill in 1599, it was rebuilt in 1787. It was used to produce Worsted cloth between 1829 and 1847, James Clay who owned this mill and many others in the Calderdale area emplyed 1100 operatives in total in…
Aftermath of the fire at Boy Mill, Luddenden Foot in 1893. At the time the building was occupied by James Clay & Sons Ltd
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2