Browse Items (35 total)

  • Tags: Brass Band

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MCH00166.jpg
The Mount Olivet Chapel of 1846 was superseded by this new Church, designed by Sutcliffe & Sutcliffe. Built at a cost of £2,200 it was opened on 13th March 1909 by Mrs E. J. Crossley of Royd House, Hebden Bridge. Judging by the presence of a brass…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MCH00159.jpg
Taken from "Clough Mill" which was at the bottom of Midgley Road, Mytholmroyd, looking towards County Bridge. Demonstrations were the forerunner of Mytholmroyd Gala.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00443.jpg
York Street Wesleyan Sunday School Band of Hope, Todmorden, 1869. AN 70082771

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00165.jpg
The Britannia Coco-nut Dancers of Bacup. The nut dance is most unusual and is performed either in a straight line or two lines of four with each of the dancers wearing wooden discs or nuts on their hands, and knees with a belly nut around the waist. …

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05000.jpg
Cragg Vale and Mytholmroyd Public Subscription Band - First appearance in uniform September 1935.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00475.jpg
William Simpson-Hinchcliffe is seated in the centre of the picture. The band is proudly showing the trophies they have won as well as their new uniforms which were paid for by Mr Hinchliffe.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2