Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Buffer Stop

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00165.jpg
The station was on the Heaton Lodge & Wortley Railway from Huddersfield to Leeds, which always known as the ‘Leeds New Line’,and it opened at the same time as the line in 1900. Seen here pre-
First World War it only had a short existence being closed…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00129.jpg
Built by the Midland Railway in 1846, with subsequent re-builds, it was the first station in Leeds centre. Up until the building of New Station in 1869 it was shared by the London & North Western Railway but thereafter it was used exclusively by the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00111.jpg
Taken sometime between 1966 and 1973; a 1966 photo shows timber sleepers but here they are concrete and the station clock seen behind the second pillar had been removed by the time of a 1973 photo. The small steps on the platform were to assist…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00108.jpg
The box in this position was built in 1891 when the old 1840 station was completely replaced with the structure we see today. The box was Grade II Listed in 2013 although the balcony walkway and bell have gone and the windows replaced with PVC…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2