Browse Items (399 total)

  • Tags: Building

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH01575.jpg
Nutclough Mill in the foreground, Yorkshire Water Board excavations behind Dodnaze estate, and the Birchcliffe Centre to the right of the centre of the picture.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00329.jpg
Previously Birchcliffe Baptist Church, this Grade 2 listed buiding is now owned by Pennine Heritage. A floor was put in at balcony level, seen here, so that office space could be created underneath.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00356.jpg
This was the third General Baptist's Chapel on the Birchcliffe Hillside the first opened in 1764 on Sandy Gate although meetings had been held at Higher Needless at the top of Wadsworth Lane some years earlier. In 1833 the chapel was rebuilt to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00352.jpg
David Fletcher walking up to the door. This was the third General Baptist's Chapel on the Birchcliffe Hillside the first opened in 1764 on Sandy Gate although meetings had been held at Higher Needless at the top of Wadsworth Lane some years earlier.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BCC00180.jpg
The Rafters Restaurant at Automobilia.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00371.jpg
The right hand side of the street here is very little changed since this photograph was taken. The fine facade of the Borough market remains intact today, although the street is pedestrianised. The clock tower of the Town Hall can be seen mid shot…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00355.jpg
This aerial view of what became the Percival Whitley College shows People's Park at the top of the shot. The college has undergone many changes since this photograph was taken and the area itself on Francis Street is more built up today. The area…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00353.jpg
Clay House is a Jacobean building, a fine example of seventeenth century vernacular architecture, located within a beautiful rural park in the village of West Vale, less than a mile from Elland and less than three miles from Halifax. Built c1650 for…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00497.jpg
Clearly a mill town. In the foreground is Pallis House and to its left smoke from a train in the cutting and above the smoke Holme House. On the left hillside Cross Lanes Methodist Chapel and dominant in the top centre Foster Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00496.jpg
Looking down on Market Street up the valley towards Todmorden. The landmark chimney of Calder Mill in the centre, much of the mill itself was destroyed by fire in November 1964.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2