Browse Items (157 total)

  • Tags: Bus
A view up Crossley Street from Northgate. Buses clearly used to stop here. The 512 service serves Mixenden to this day.
The junction of Lower Kirkgate and Berry Lane, Halifax. Mackintosh's factory is in the background, the chimney is still there. The coal shoots were just off the picture to the right.
Halifax Road, at Richmond Street, looking east towards Spring Gardens. Key Syke Lane goes off to the right.
It must of been cold travelling atop this bus judging by the amount of snow around.
Drawing by Dennis O'Neill of Bus No 2, which was first registered in 1913.

Despite this drawing being labelled 1910 the bus was not actually registered until 1913.
Todmorden bus No. 3 first registered in 1920.
Todmorden bus No. 3 first registered in 1920.
Todmorden Mayor, Alderman Abraham Crossley outside the Town Hall on 1st January 1907 prior to the inaugural bus run to Steanor Bottom.
Centre is Alderman John Henry Whitaker, for many years Chairman of Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee.
Todmorden bus driver and conductor in the 1920s.
Mr B. Pickles in 1947. This Todmorden bus No. 9 was first registered in 1947.
Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee bus tickets around the 1950s.
Selection of Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee bus tickets.
Covers for the timetables produced by Todmorden Omnibus Committee including the years 1928, 1937 and 1960.
This is the Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee emblem with the British Railways logo.
Working on a Todmorden bus chassis in 1930. The bus was first registered in 1923
The big red brick building is the bus garage, on the left is the Shannon and Chesapeake Inn, and on the right is the destructor building which contained an incinerator. The gas works is just off picture to the right.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2