Browse Items (55 total)

  • Tags: Cafe
Now the site of Hebden Hey Scout Hostel, this was a popular camping venue in the early 1900s.
This Post Card probably dates from the 1940's. The property is now a Scout Complex. Notice the man's head carved high on the side gable. (Postcard Lilywhite Ltd, Brighouse, copyright HCS 35).
The proprietor at the time was Edwin Crossley (hand coloured postcard, copyright E. H. Lord, Hebden Bridge).
Author and adventurer William Holt set up a holiday camp, Hawden Hall Holiday Camp and Tea Gardens, in the early 1920's. He ran it for a year before selling out to an ex-soldier.
Hawden Hall is sometimes described as Hebden Hey in the early…
The price of fish, chips, tea and bread and butter is 8d. in the cafe nick named Mrs Cuddys on New Road. It was moved to the canal side on Holme Street and converted into a garage later becoming Southwells Coaches, which later became the site of the…
Hangingroyd Lane about 1962; on the right Market Place before landscaping.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2