Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Canal bridge

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00456.jpg
Taken from the bridge over the canal. Note the Co-op on right and Watsons Mill on the left. The mill was demolished to allow the entrance to Midgley Road to be widened.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00455.jpg
The Chapel was built in 1887. Dry rot caused the chapel to be closed in 1960 and it was demolished in 1970. This picture may have been taken between those two dates.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00836.jpg
BRIGHOUSE CALDER & HEBBLE NAVIGATION SE 1422 NW (Brighouse) 5/38 Anchor Bridge, CH9

G.V. II

Bridge, dated 1821. Hammer-dressed stone, ramps and parapet. Single segmental span. Keystone bears date.

Listing NGR: SE1447822715
List entry…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00834.jpg
BRIGHOUSE CALDER & HEBBLE NAVIGATION SE 1422 NW (Brighouse) 5/38 Anchor, Bridge CH9

G.V. II

Bridge, dated 1821. Hammer-dressed stone, ramps and parapet. Single segmental span. Keystone bears date.

Listing NGR: SE1447822715
List entry…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00698.jpg
Alice Longstaff is standing on the bridge, the clog factory is in the background.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2