Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Carlton Buildings
Looking over to the Birchcliffe hillside with the distinctive arches of Stubbings School in the centre. To the left of the school is St John's C of E Church consecrated in 1931 but closed in the 1980s.
The hotel in course of demolition in 1962. Above it the Co-op Building, now Carlton Buildings, and clock tower. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Also known as Co-op Buildings, the photo is taken from Albert Street. the White Horse Inn can be seen to the right of Carlton Buildings. The building just visible on Crown Street was a foundry, it later became Sowden's blacksmith shop.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2