Browse Items (382 total)

  • Tags: Chimney

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00104.jpg
Part of Lee Mill can be seen on the left, the far chimny is of Midgehole Upper Mill, later Midgehole Dyeworks and the monument on the horizon is Pecket War Memorial.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00103.jpg
Part of Lee Mill can be seen on the left, and the monument on the horizon is Pecket War Memorial.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00102.jpg
The road in the foreground is Midgehole Road and the Mill is Lee Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06234.jpg
Photographed in early 1960's. This chimney is now a Grade II listed building.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06194.jpg
This is the view of the top of Winding Road. The buildings in the immediate foreground are now the site of the bus station.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06189.jpg
Possibly Shaw Lodge, between Halifax and Siddal.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00173.jpg
The first station was built here when the line opened in 1846 and was rebuilt, seen here looking towards Leeds, when the line was quadrupled in about 1905. The station closed in 1965.

A station at nearby Kirkstall Forge existed from 1860 to 1905…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00165.jpg
The station was on the Heaton Lodge & Wortley Railway from Huddersfield to Leeds, which always known as the ‘Leeds New Line’,and it opened at the same time as the line in 1900. Seen here pre-
First World War it only had a short existence being closed…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00164.jpg
The station on the LNWR Leeds-Huddersfield-Manchester line opened in 1848. In 1882 to overcome congestion on the joint approach to Wellington and New Stations the LNWR built a separate approach, which included the Farnley Viaduct, and the station was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00163.jpg
In 1878 a branch from Stanningley on the GNR Leeds-Bradford ‘short line was opened up to Pudsey Greenside with a station here. Then in 1893 a curve from Bramley to the Pudsey Branch was constructed which was then extended to Cutlers Junction at…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00161.jpg
The station on the GNR ‘short line’ between Leeds Central and Bradford Exchange had opened at the same time as the line in 1854. In 1878 a single track branch was opened from Stanningley to Pudsey but this was disconnected at Pudsey in 1893 when the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00160.jpg
On the 'short line' from Bradford to Leeds Central Station opened in 1854 by the Leeds, Bradford & Halifax Junction Railway which was acquired by the GNR in 1865. The station closed in 1966 and the buildings were demolished; a new station with bus…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00159.jpg
On the GNR ‘short line’ from Leeds Central to Bradford the station opened with the line in 1854. To the west of the station there was the junction with the Pudsey loop line which had opened in 1893 and closed in 1965. Bramley station closed in 1966…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00156.jpg
An intermediate station on the Bradford, Wakefield & Leeds Railway between Leeds and Wakefield which opened in 1857 and became part of the GNR network in 1865. The station closed in 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00155.jpg
The original station was opened by the Bradford, Wakefield and Leeds Railway in 1858, and was originally named Lofthouse. This was renamed Lofthouse and Outwood in July 1865. It closed on 13 June 1960.[1] A different Lofthouse and Outwood station,…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00119.jpg
The first station at Elland opened in October 1840 at the same time as the section of the M&LR between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was immediately to the east of Elland Tunnel. It was rebuilt a little to the east in 1865 and then again in 1894 as…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00256.jpg
This was a weaving shed, adjacent to Burnley Road. Now the site of Russell Dean furniture retailers

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00319.jpg
The mill in the centre of the picture is Redman's Scarbottom Mill. The house on the extreme left is Rose Mount, Nest Lane. The wooden buildings were part of Thornber's hatchery. There are quite a few railway wagons in the sidings.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00164.jpg
The Old Vicarage can be seen towards the right of the picture, and the chimney is from Vale Mill. Donated by Margaret Harrison
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2