Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Coal Wagons
LYRS5047n. The Signal Box and siding to the east of the Station below the Congregational Church on Burnley Road.
LYRS6084. 1963. The now demolished coal drops at the top of Station Road following closure of the station.
The first station at Elland opened in October 1840 at the same time as the section of the M&LR between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was immediately to the east of Elland Tunnel. It was rebuilt a little to the east in 1865 and then again in 1894 as…
The southern terminus of the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line, seen here looking towards Keighley possibly in MR days. The line was operated by the MR from the start and acquired by them in…
The bridge, seen here looking SE in the Todmorden direction, is about quarter of a mile up from the former Portsmouth station and carries a lane from the A646 up to a farm. The loop line on the left has now been lifted.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2