The C of E Church dedicated to St Michael and All Angels. The Grade ll listed church was built about 1902. In October 2013 it received a £85,000 Heritage Lottery Fund grant to carry out restoration work.
In the foreground Mount Zion Methodist Chapel; closed 1968 and then demolished although the graveyard remains. Down the valley the tower and spire of St Michael and ALL Angels C of E Church. The large mill behind is Frostholme Mill.
Looking up the valley over the small mill town towards Burnley with the station more or less in the centre. The station had opened in 1878 and closed in 1938. The chimney to the left of the big chimney was for Law Mill.
Pudsey area of Cornholme on the north side of Burnley Road. In the foreground the Todmorden-Burnley railway 'Copy Pit' line. Front right is the back of Frostholme Mill. Springwood Terrace is on the right nearer the top.
Kenneth Jacques, Billy Jacques, Norman Stansfield, ? Greenwood?, Raymond Bairstow, Lyra Bairstow, Florence Dean, Eileen Beevers, Wilfred Beevers, Margaret Crowther, Jacqueline Marshall, unknown, Jonathan Stansfield