Looking down Hebden Water towards its confluence with the Calder. The buildings immediate right have been replaced by purpose built shops and offices and above them the former Council Offices. The chimney of Bridge Mill on the left.
Presented to Fireman Frank Thomas by his fellow members of the Hebden Bridge Fire Brigade as a token of esteem upon his retirement after 16 years service. Donated by Hebden Royd Town Council, image restored by Alan Bramwell.
ST. GEORGE'S BRIDGE, Hebden Bridge. was built in 1899, the cost being met by public subscription plus a grant from the West Riding County Council. The bridge had a very steep gradient, and before it was altered a chain horse was needed by loaded…
Hebden Bridge's three bridges town centre bridges over Hebden Water. St Georges Bridge (1892), Old Bridge (1510), West End Bridge (1771). To the left the chimney of Bridge Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Taken outside the former Council Offices in Hebden Bridge. The large doorway was the Fire Station. The top of the banner reads ' Cross Lanes' which was the United Methodist Chapel at the top of Buttress and in the middle is 'Band of Hope'.