Browse Items (319 total)

  • Tags: Cragg Vale

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00261.jpg
Former clothing factory renovated for domestic use. Previously occupied by Redman Brothers Ltd, Trouser makers.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00309.jpg
Painting by Lesley Alston. The original was given to Rev James Allison as a leaving gift November 2012.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00274.jpg
Tony Hegginbottom decorating the well. Photo donated by Gary Stringfellow.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00273.jpg
The decorated well. Photo donated by Gary Stringfellow.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00272.jpg
Tony Hegginbottom serving spa water made palatable with 'Spanish'. Photo donated by Gary Stringfellow.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00271.jpg
Taking the water' Cragg Vale style. Tony Hegginbottom is overseeing. Photo donated by Gary Stringfellow.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00169.jpg
Cragg Hall just after the fire of August 1921. Donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00168.jpg
Donated by Margaret Harrison. Newly completed Cragg Hall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00167.jpg
Cragg Hall, just after the devastating fire of August 1921. Donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00165.jpg
Donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00164.jpg
The Old Vicarage can be seen towards the right of the picture, and the chimney is from Vale Mill. Donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00163.jpg
The house on the hillside behind the church is Cragg Hall before it was 'improved' by the Hinchliffes. Old Cragg Hall is towards the top of the picture, in the trees. Photo donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00187.jpg
This was formerly an ale house, the way in was probably via the balcony, note the bricked up door. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00186.jpg
Harold Holdsworth with nephew Alan Clayton. The farm just visible to the right of Harold's head is Smithy Steads. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00185.jpg
Notice the cobbled footpath in front of these cottages. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00184.jpg
Alan Sutcliffe of 6 Upper Castle working on his land. you can see the Wesleyan Chapel and what was then the Post Office. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00183.jpg
The chimney just left of centre was for Paper Mill. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2