Browse Items (69 total)

  • Tags: Crane

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00419.jpg
Officially opened March 23rd 1905. AN 70082790

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00105.jpg
View of the goods yard or sidings looking down the line in the Elland direction. The station closed in 1962 and an oil terminal was built on the site of the goods yard.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00170.jpg
The station originally on the Leeds & Thirsk Railway (see Headingley Station) opened in 1849 and seen her with staff posing for the camera in NER days pre-1923. The station was de-staffed in 1969 and the buildings demolished. As a result of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TWA00260.jpg
The start of the construction of the M62

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TWA00113.jpg
Construction of Scammonden bridge over the M62 in the late 1960s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06136.jpg
The new Woolshops are under construction at the bottom of the picture.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00405.jpg
The clearing of the site on which the new Todmorden Medical Centre was built with the Methodist Chapel on the right of the picture. The Medical Centre was demolished in the 2000s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00135.jpg
The yard on New Road backed onto the Rochdale Canal. Above are terraced houses on the Birchcliffe Hillside as well as Zion Particular Baptist Chapel.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC04447.jpg
This crane was is seen working at the construction of the Walshaw Dean reservoirs.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00328.jpg
ALC00328. The dwellings on the north side of Bridge Lanes being demolished in April 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00327.jpg
The dwellings on the north side of Bridge Lanes being demolished in April 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00221.jpg
LYRS6051 - Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the goods yard closed and dismantled. The warehouse was let for general storage but was demolished in 1969 following a serious fire. The site is now the station car park. . The square wood clad…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00220.jpg
LYRS6050. The large double bay station warehouse in 1963 but with only one of the former three taking-in door hoists left. Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the warehouse let for general storage. It was demolished in 1969 following a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00187.jpg
LYRS6074. 1963 the Goods Shed and crane after closure of the station the previous year.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RSC00174.jpg
A new footbridge over the river is about to be installed.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RSC00173.jpg
A new footbridge over the river is about to be installed.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RSC00172.jpg
A new footbridge over the river is about to be installed.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2