Browse Items (18 total)

  • Tags: Fence

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00120.jpg
The small timber Booking Office on the station approach road was opposite the east end of the down platform which is off the photo here to the left. On the left are the steps up to the footbridge which connected the platforms and was the only…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00117.jpg
Former LMS Fowler 2-6-4T number 42384 steams through the station which had closed in September 1962 on the down line probably in October 1962 having just rolled over the junction with the Halifax Branch visible centre right. The loco was taken out of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00114.jpg
By the time of this photo the station had been closed for over a month and, apart from the signal box, was demolished in 1965.

The Second World War box was built by the LMS in 1941 replacing the L&YR 1878 box. To the far left of the photo part of…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00113.jpg
Probably seen here in October 1962 following closure of the station the previous month.

The Second World War box was built by the LMS in 1941 replacing the L&YR 1878 box. To the far left of the image part of the up platform building.

The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00112.jpg
Although the station had been closed for over a month the flower bed here on the down platform still looks well cared for. The other side of the fence is the small timber Booking Office connected to both platforms by the footbridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00110.jpg
View looking up the approach road. On the right is the small timber Booking Office and on the left the signal box and down platform buildings. The footbridge connected the platforms and was the only passenger access to the up platform.

The station…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00107.jpg
The small timber Booking Office set back from the east end of the down platform, the two separated by the station approach road which can just be discerned between the picket fence and the building. On the left can be seen the steps up to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/NGH00106.jpg
The Second World War box was built by the LMS in 1941, described as an A.R.P. Box, and replaced the L&YR 1878 box. To the far left of the image part of the down platform building.

The withdrawal of services between Halifax and Huddersfield in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00190.jpg
The station on the MR’s Shipley – Guiseley line opened at the same time as the line in 1876 and was closed in 1953 and the buildings subsequently demolished. An unstaffed station was re-opened in 1973 and the line, now electrified but reduced to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00189.jpg
The station on the MR’s Shipley – Guiseley line opened at the same time as the line in 1876 and was closed in 1940 and the building subsequently demolished. The line, now electrified but reduced to single track, remains in use for Bradford Forster…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00184.jpg
The first station here, known as Pool, opened with the Leeds & Thirsk Railway in 1849 but was replaced a little to the south by the triangular junction station seen here when the NER opened their Otley Branch in 1865; it was re-named Arthington as a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00182.jpg
The station on the section of the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Skipton and Colne opened 1848 but up to 1937 was simply known as Thornton. The station was closed in 1970 at the same time as the line between Skipton and Colne but there is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00181.jpg
The station on the section of the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Skipton and Colne opened 1848 and was closed in 1952. The line between the two towns closed in 1970 but there is a campaign to get it re-opened.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00172.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Railway’s Aire Valley Line opened at the same time as the line in 1846 which became part of the MR network. A new station, the Leeds Platform seen here, was built when the line was quadrupled in about 1905 and the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00123.jpg
The station was opened by the L&YR on 1st January 1850 about a mile east of their Horbury & Ossett Station at the junction of their new Barnsley Branch with original M&LR line. The station closed in 1929 but was replaced by a new station on the main…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00148.jpg
Location not known.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2