Browse Items (25 total)

  • Tags: Fire

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MCH00192.jpg
Originally a corn mill and latter a fulling mill in 1599, it was rebuilt in 1787. It was used to produce Worsted cloth between 1829 and 1847, James Clay who owned this mill and many others in the Calderdale area emplyed 1100 operatives in total in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MOS00128.jpg
Victoria Mill, Hebden Bridge (F & H Sutcliffe Ltd)
Chimney felled August 20th 1949
by W.B.Crossley & Co. Hebden Bridge following the mill Fire on 1st April 1949

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00169.jpg
Cragg Hall just after the fire of August 1921. Donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00167.jpg
Cragg Hall, just after the devastating fire of August 1921. Donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00152.jpg
Redman Bros' Foster Mill after the fire of 1888. The mill was re-built.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00272.jpg
Aftermath of the fire at Boy Mill, Luddenden Foot in 1893. At the time the building was occupied by James Clay & Sons Ltd

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00154.jpg
Postcard with May 1907 date stamp. Correctly called Brearley Mills it was occupied by Levi Sykes & Co (Brearley) Ltd, blanket manufacturers, and was gutted by fire 30 April 1907.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC01026.jpg
1993, and there has been a disastrous fire at Edmundsons on Valley Road. Fortunately the Fire Brigade were able to prevent the fire spreading to Shepherds Garage next door.

The building on the right of the picture is Bridge Mill and behind it can be…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC01025.jpg
1993, and there has been a disastrous fire at Edmundsons on Valley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC01024.jpg
1993, and there has been a disastrous fire at Edmundsons paint shop on Valley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00623.jpg
The mill on New Road and next to the Rochdale Canal was destroyed by fire in December 1964. By that time it was used to store Moderna blankets.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DMC00517.jpg
The highest pub in West Yorkshire. Shows fire damage to right hand side of building.
Now (2015) repaired and is a private dwelling.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2