Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Foot Crossing

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00168.jpg
Morley Top, seen here pre-First World War, was on the Leeds, Bradford & Halifax Junction Railway’s Gildersome Branch and extension which opened over its whole length between Laisterdyke and Ardsley in 1857 and was acquired by the GNR in 1865. The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00165.jpg
The station was on the Heaton Lodge & Wortley Railway from Huddersfield to Leeds, which always known as the ‘Leeds New Line’,and it opened at the same time as the line in 1900. Seen here pre-
First World War it only had a short existence being closed…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00159.jpg
On the GNR ‘short line’ from Leeds Central to Bradford the station opened with the line in 1854. To the west of the station there was the junction with the Pudsey loop line which had opened in 1893 and closed in 1965. Bramley station closed in 1966…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00303.jpg
LYRS2682. The first station at Elland on the Manchester & Leeds Railway opened in March 1841 close to the tunnel east portal but was replaced in 1865 by the one seen here. A third island platform station was built in 1894. The station and goods yard…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00260.jpg
LYRS 6029 - Looking north east from the 'up' platform across to the 'down' platform before the buildings on the 'down' platform and all canopies had been demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00197.jpg
LYRS 4577 - 1964. General view of the platforms, buildings and canopy looking west. The buildings on the left have all now been demolished as have the signals in the distance and the siding on the right. The station has been unstaffed since 1985.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2