Browse Items (293 total)

  • Tags: Graveyard

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KST00254.jpg
In the new churchyard, Heptonstall

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00134.jpg
St Peters Church was constructed in 1845 when Walsden became a Parish in its own right and no longer part of Todmorden Parish. The church was consecrated in 1848.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00118.jpg
The Parish Church of Hebden Bridge, dedicated to St James the Great, was consecrated in 1833. The church was built on land given by the Revd. James Armitage Rhodes and his wife Mary, who lived at nearby Mytholm Hall.

One of the Mytholm silk mills…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00117.jpg
The old parish church of St Thomas a Beckett at Heptonstall. was founded in the 13th century although much of the ruin that still stands dates from the 15th century. The new church dedicated to St Thomas the Apostle was built in 1854, after a fierce…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00104.jpg
Taken in 1976 by a Manchester Polytechnic photographer as part of a research project on the area.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00427.jpg
A rather crowded graveyard at Mankinholes with Stoodley Pike in the background.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2