Browse Items (483 total)

  • Tags: Hardcastle Crags
Can anybody identify? Presumably taken from Akroyd Lane, Old Town. It is probably Akroyd Farm. Akroyd Farm can be traced back to 1270. The present building has a Hall and cross wing and hearth passage, built in late 17th century, replacing an…
Looking down on the entrance to the Crags. The white building just to the left of centre is The blue Pig, club.
Also known at sometime in the past as Cosy Corner. It is the present site of the Halifax Scout's hostels and camp site.
The pool below the falls in used as a wild swimming site.
Postcard dated 1904 The remains of the Fisherman's Hut still can be found on the river bank some waY up stream from Gibson Mill
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2