Browse Items (99 total)

  • Tags: Horse

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00396.jpg
Beatrice Wilkinson, Top Brink Farm, Lumbutts. AN 34132183

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00194.jpg
The western terminus of the ‘Otley & Ilkley Joint Railway’ the joint MR/NER station opened with the line in 1865. In 1888 the MR opened a line from Ilkley to Skipton with their own through platforms which were regarded as a separate station from the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00125.jpg
The station was opened by the M&LR at the same time as the section of its line between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was Wakefield’s only station until Westgate Station was opened in 1867. The station was rebuilt in 1854 and is seen here late 19th…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00124.jpg
The station was opened by the M&LR at the same time as the section of its line between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was Wakefield’s only station until Westgate Station was opened in 1867. The station was rebuilt in 1854 and its frontage seen here…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00239.jpg
Donated by Denise Ramsden

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CVH00184.jpg
Alan Sutcliffe of 6 Upper Castle working on his land. you can see the Wesleyan Chapel and what was then the Post Office. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00124.jpg
Built by the Manchester & Leeds Railway in 1840 and always known by them as Gauxholme Bridge but locally referred to as Coppras House Bridge. It was one of the very first Bow String Bridges in the country along with Whiteley Arches, near Hebden…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00121.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00182.jpg
The gentleman with the horse is George William Thomas, son of James Farrar Thomas. The building on the right was the Tythe Barn. It became a pub and restaurant of that name, later changed to The Thirsty Turtle, now a private house. Behind it is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EIL00115.jpg
William Greenwood farmed at Owlers Farm, Shackleton Hill, just outside Hebden Bridge, from the late 19th century into the 20th century; he is described as a Dairy Farmer in the 1911 census. At the time of the 1901 census he was employing two farm…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EIL00113.jpg
It's not clear where this is; the gable end of a house/barn in the distance and the slope of the fields might offer a clue. The cart is a more traditional two-wheel cart with iron rimmed wheels. The load appears to be about complete and the man…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2