Browse Items (44 total)

  • Tags: Horse & Cart
Roderick Fisher of Trayroyd delivering milk to Springfield Terrace.
The large building just right of centre was York Street Chapel which was demolished in 1962 and the site is now a garden.
Post Card dated 1926.
Horse and cart approaching Dauber Bridge. Track on the right is to Parrock Clough and one of the entrances to Broadhead End Clough (Bell Hole)
Conservative Club to left. The centre one was Todmorden's second Post Office and later became the Telegraph Office. The building onthe right is Crown Buildings and became the fifth Post Office. The Unitarian Sunday School is in background
Ernest, on the right, worked as a farm hand at Ewood. Donated by Karen Senior
Alan Sutcliffe of 6 Upper Castle working on his land. you can see the Wesleyan Chapel and what was then the Post Office. Donated by Yvonne Broadbent.
The poster for the Bridge Street Sunday School event dates this photo to 1905.
Burnley Road opposite Centre Vale Park, the park entrance can be seen on far left.
Mytholmroyd Primitive Methodist Sunday School Float with Miss Zilla Robertshaw as Britannia and H. Gaukroger and Annie Redman.
Congestion at the junction with Commercial Street after road widening. Note the open topped Halifax Corporation tram.
Halifax Corporation tram in May 1911 just prior to the Hebden Urban District Council road widening improvements. Not much shelter from the elements for the driver. Commercial Street going off to the right.
This shows a full hay cart being led into the barn. These barns often had a matching door on the other side so that the horse and cart could pass straight through after unloading.
Children with horse & cart, including evacuees to help with hay making. This is near Slack Bottom and was farmed by Longbottom's. Eileen Longbottom is one of the smaller children inside the cart. Some of the other children were evacuees brought to…
Also known as Co-op Buildings, the photo is taken from Albert Street. the White Horse Inn can be seen to the right of Carlton Buildings. The building just visible on Crown Street was a foundry, it later became Sowden's blacksmith shop.

From the…
The double-fronted shop in the centre was a grocer's shop run for many years by Nancy Swain.
The shop on the right was both a grocers and a drapers, run by Arnold Sunderland, Auntie Parker, Edith and Emma (Anna).

The boy is Charles Taylor.

In the centre (driving horse and cart?) is Arnold Sunderland, Gerald Sunderland's uncle.

The photo…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2