Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Hotel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00214.jpg
In the centre the single storey entrance to the Midland Market Street Station which had been rebuilt and enlarged in 1890 largely to accommodate the increased traffic from the MR’s recently completed independent Anglo Scottish line, the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00135.jpg
In the centre the War Memorial which was dedicated in 1922. To the left with the clock is the now demolished Royal Exchange Chambers and on the right the old Midland Railway’s Queens Hotel and to the right of that the gates into Wellington Station.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00235.jpg
The hotel sign is on the wall of the former Nutclough House Hotel and above it are Eiffel Buildings with on the right houses on Keighley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00218.jpg
The hotel on the left is the former Nutclough House pub and above it the double-decker Eiffel Buildings on the road which runs down to join Keighley Road where vehicles can be seen.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00632.jpg
There had been an inn on this site since 1851. The White Horse Hotel closed its doors 1960 and was demolished in 1962, the site is now a car park.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00631.jpg
There had been an inn on this site since 1851. The White Horse Hotel closed its doors 1960 and was demolished in 1962, the site is now a car park. There are two holly trees and these still remain.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2