Browse Items (27 total)

  • Tags: Level Crossing

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00183.jpg
The station on the section of the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Skipton and Colne opened 1848 with the line. On the Colne side of the station was the junction for the Barnoldswick Branch. The station was closed in 1970 at the same time…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00157.jpg
On the GNR Leeds - King Cross main line only a few miles out of Leeds centre it opened in 1860 and closed 1953.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00156.jpg
An intermediate station on the Bradford, Wakefield & Leeds Railway between Leeds and Wakefield which opened in 1857 and became part of the GNR network in 1865. The station closed in 1964.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00154.jpg
The station seen here in in LMS days (1923-1948) opened in 1841 at the same time as the Leeds – Derby line of the North Midland Railway, later a constituent part of the MR. The station closed in 1957 having been re-named Methley North in 1950 to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00309.jpg
Site of the former Eastwood Railway station. The station opened in December 1840 when the section of the Manchester & Leeds Railway between Hebden Bridge and Summit East was completed. The station closed in 1851.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00306.jpg
LYRS2740. The Spen Valley Line connecting Mirfield on the Calder Valley Main Line with Low Moor opened in July 1848 and the line between Low Moor and Bradford opened in May 1850. The first station seen here looking towards Low Moor opened at the same…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00305.jpg
LYRS 2724 - The Spen Valley Line connecting Mirfield on the Calder Valley Main Line with Low Moor opened in July 1848 and the line between Low Moor and Bradford opened in May 1850. The 1848 station seen here looking towards Mirfield was replaced by…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00297.jpg
TMP 0226 - Although the Manchester & Leeds Railway opened throughout in 1841 a station wasn't built at Smithy Bridge until 1868. The station was closed in 1960 and the buildings and platforms demolished but a new station was opened in 1985 but with a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00282.jpg
LYRS 8692 - Level Crossing gates from the east side probably in the late 1960s. Once on the carriage drive to Dobroyd Castle it is now a pedestrian crossing only and the cottage on the far right has gone.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00281.jpg
LYRS 8691 - The Level Crossing, Cottage & Warehouse probably late 1960s. The structural outline on the cottage end wall was where the tiny Single Box was situated. The crossing is now pedestrian only and the buildings have gone.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00280.jpg
LYRS 3825 - c.1890. On the carriage drive to Dobroyd Castle. "The level crossing at Dobroyd was controlled from this quaint, doll's house-style structure, first erected in 1872, and replaced in 1901. The job of crossing keeper was an occupational…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00246.jpg
LYRS 5063 - The front & non-door gable of the Box and part of the level crossing.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00245.jpg
LYRS 5062. Date unknown but the station closed to passengers in 1958 and to good in 1963.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00244.jpg
LYRS 2955b - General view from the hill side. The station opened in 1849 and closed to passengers in 1958 and to goods in 1963. The road name, Station Approach, is the only indicator to its once existence but the level crossing is still there.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00243.jpg
LYRS 2954 - Postcard view of the station, level crossing and signal box.

The station opened in 1849 and closed to passengers in 1958 and to goods in 1963. The road name, Station Approach, is the only indicator to its once existence but the level…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00242.jpg
LYRS 2953 - General view of the station building, level crossing and signal box looking north west towards Burnley.

The station opened in 1849 and closed to passengers in 1958 and to goods in 1963. The road name, Station Approach, is the only…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00237.jpg
LYRS 8410 - 1967. The disused and derelict station buildings on the 'down' line looking towards Todmorden. The passenger station had closed in 1951 and goods and coal facilities had been withdrawn in 1964. The buildings built into the hillside…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00236.jpg
LYRS 8407 - Mid-1960s- The Station Buildings, Level Crossing and the line looking towards Hebden Bridge. The Signal Box had controlled the crossing gates and also a goods siding and the siding over the coal drops. All the buildings have been…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00235.jpg
LYRS8406. - The Level Crossing and derelict Station Buildings several years after the passenger station had closed in 1951. The buildings seen here were built into the hillside behind. The crossing was accessed by a steep double sided ramp from the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00234.jpg
LYRS 6036 -- The Level Crossing and Station Buildings in August 1963 some 12 years after the passenger station closed. The station half way between Hebden Bridge and Todmorden was opened by the Manchester & Leeds Railway in December 1840. The valley…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2