Browse Items (22 total)

  • Tags: Luddenden Valley

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00254.jpg
Undated postcard. On the centre hillside Murgatroyd's Oats Royd Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00280.jpg
This extensive mill complex is remarkable for its open setting on the hillside above Luddenden village. Founded in 1847 by John Murgatroyd & Son and named after the fine family house of 1645, it was run as a worsted spinning and manufacturing works,…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HPC00356.jpg
NAME: DEAN MILLS

LOCATION: Booth

REF: LD 7

GRID REF: 044 274

CLASSIFICATION: A

CONDITION: Ruins

APPROX DATE OF SITE AND BUILDINGS: Late 18C/early 19C

DESCRIPTION/HISTORY: There was probably a fulling mill in this vicinity as far back…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00392.jpg
The Talbot Hounds Fountain was originally in the courtyard at Castle Carr. Now in Trevelyan Square, Boar Lane, Leeds.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00390.jpg
The Talbot Hounds Fountain in the courtyard. It is now in Trevelyan Square, off Boar Lane, Leeds.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DTA00362.jpg
Probably built in the 18th century Lower Saltonstall is a traditional stone built house with a stone roof.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PAK00359.jpg
The sad remains of the once fine entrance.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2