Browse Items (92 total)

  • Tags: Methodist

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00239.jpg
Plaque from Mount Zion Primitive Methodist, Mytholmroyd now in St Michael’s, Mytholmroyd.

Memorial to the fallen and those who served in the two Great Wars, 1914-1918 and 1939-1945

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00243.jpg
Memorial to cricket club members who died in WW1

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00120.jpg
This church was located on Scout Road, and closed for worship in December 22014. The new organ was consecrated 24th October, 1903.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00108.jpg
Interior of the chapel following closure. Looking towards the organ and pulpit; the stairs to the right ran down to the vestry.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00109.jpg
Interior of the chapel following closure. The organ and choir pews.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The last service was held…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00110.jpg
The Communion Table.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people and there were six class rooms and a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00111.jpg
Looking up to the rear gallery.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people and there were six class…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00112.jpg
The entrance door on the left with the steps up to the Chapel which as on the first floor.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00113.jpg
Organ and pulpit.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people and there were six class rooms and a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00114.jpg
The body of the Chapel whilst in course of dismantling.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00116.jpg
Site of the pulpit in the centre and the choir pews being dismsntled in 1994.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JSB00209.jpg
Situated on Haworth Road, this small chapel was built by the Crimsworth Dean Society in 1865. The chapel closed in July 1996 and is now a private house.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JSB00216.jpg
Behind the Methodist Church can be seen Pecket Shed, one of the last fustian weaving mills, seems to crowd in on the Methodist Chapel.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2