Browse Items (1360 total)

  • Tags: Mill

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STW00127.jpg
View over New Bridge looking up Crimsworth Dene. Bottom ledft New Bridge Mill and in the centre the Gate Lodge and The Drive through Hardcastle Crags.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06259.jpg
Towards the top left of the picture can be seen the former railway viaduct at Wyke. This was part of the 'Pickle Bridge' line that linked the Halilfax- Bradford line with Brighouse. In this view it appears to be complete. It was partially…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06241.jpg
William Eddleston's Mill in Sowerby Bridge, taken from the bridge over the river on Town Hall Street.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06225.jpg
This view shows the railway viaduct that linked Halifax Station with North Bridge. Final closure came in 1974 and the viaduct was demolished in 1979. The large mill building on the left is now the site of Matalan.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06189.jpg
Possibly Shaw Lodge, between Halifax and Siddal.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06187.jpg
The junction of Lower Kirkgate and Berry Lane, Halifax. Mackintosh's factory is in the background, the chimney is still there. The coal shoots were just off the picture to the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06183.jpg
Unknown but possibly Northgate, Halifax prior to redevelopment. Can anybody help?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06182.jpg
Can anybody help?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00238.jpg
View from Beacon Hill with the railway goods and coal yard in the centre.

Photo David N Taylor Collection.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00237.jpg
View of the town from Beacon Hill with the railway goods and coal yard centre and the high level station approach and station centre left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00203.jpg
Haworth Station on the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 at the same time as the line, seen here looking towards Keighley. From its earliest days it was busy with pilgrims to the shrine of the Bronte sisters. The line was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00179.jpg
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened at the same time as the section of the line between Shipley and Keighley in March 1847. The station on its last day as seen here was near the Bingley Three Rise…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00119.jpg
The first station at Elland opened in October 1840 at the same time as the section of the M&LR between Hebden Bridge and Normanton and was immediately to the east of Elland Tunnel. It was rebuilt a little to the east in 1865 and then again in 1894 as…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00261.jpg
Former clothing factory renovated for domestic use. Previously occupied by Redman Brothers Ltd, Trouser makers.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00327.jpg
Looking across Hangingroyd and Nutclough Mills to Birchcliffe late 1880s.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2