Browse Items (8 total)

  • Tags: Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05026.jpg
Situated in Midgley Road, Mytholmroyd, the chapel opened in 1888, and cost £2,500. Dryrot forced its closure in 1960 and the congregation amalgamated with Scout Road Wesleyan Methodist church.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC04552.jpg
Midgley Road, Mytholmroyd. Built at a cost of £2,500, the chapel opened in 1882. Dryrot forced its closure in 1960 and there was a n amalgamation with Scout Road Wesleyan Methodist Church.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00431.jpg
ALC00431. Date unknown but the land in the foreground not yet levelled for the construction of the railway siding in 1919. Centre right

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00217.jpg
The canal is unusable, Mount Zion Church is being demolished, depressing times.

The chapel was opened in 1887, but by 1960 it was suffering from dry rot. It closed in August 1960 and was demolished in 1970.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2