Browse Items (23 total)

  • Tags: Mytholm Hall

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00111.jpg
Viewed from king Street, the hall was demolished c.1969 and replaced by accommodation for the elderly. Behind it is St James Parish Church.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00156.jpg
Mytholm Hall is centre picture with St James Church behind and the long demolished Bankfoot Mill to its right. Heptonstall Church at the top of the picture. The hall was demolished in 1969 to make way for accommodation for the elderly. Part of the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EIL00302.jpg
A poor quality postcard, but interesting for its content. Bankfoot Mill is still intact but Eaves Mills have gone and the estate is now built.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EIL00300.jpg
Hebden Bridge and Heptonstall churches can be seen here, also Eaves Mill, Mytholm Hall and Hell Hole rocks

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00808.jpg
Mytholm Hall in the foreground, with St James church behind, and Eaves Mill behind that. Heptonstall church is on the sky-line

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00392.jpg
Date unknown. In the centre the engineering works of Pickles, later Browns, and now demolished. The Parish Church of St James to the right was built in 1832, and to the right of that is Mytholm Hall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00391.jpg
c. 1900 view across Mytholm looking up Colden Valley. On the right Mytholm Hall with St James Church behind. The hall was demolished late 1960s and replaced with accommodation for the elderly. Above the church are Eaves Lower and Upper Mills…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00390.jpg
Looking across Mytholm to the Steeps up to Blackshawhead. In the foreground the canal and towpath and centre right Mytholm Hall is just visible. In the foreground Stubbings Holme Dyeworks and above it Brown's factory, both now long gone.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05085.jpg
HLS05085. Looking up Colden Clough. In the left foreground is Stubbing Holme Dyeworks and next to it Trinity Street on Stubbing Holme between the canal and the river. Above St James Parish Church and Bankfoot Mill with the Eaves Mills beyond. Date…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05081.jpg
HLS05081. Right of centre is Stubbing Holme Dyeworks between the Rochdale Canal and the River Calder. Above it Adelaide Street and above that Bankfoot Mill. In the centre Mytholm Hall, St James Parish Church and Eaves Mills. The Hall and all the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05080.jpg
Engraving by J Shore c.1855. Looking up from Stubbing Holme where the Colden Water joins the River Calder, the 'mytholm'. Above is Mytholm Hall, St James Parish Church and above that Eaves Lower and Upper Mills and to the right Bankfoot Mill, now the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01354.jpg
Mytholm Hall is in the centre of the picture, with the parish church of St James behind it. Ref: PH/12.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01181.jpg
From a booklet entitled 'Views of Hebden Bridge & District', undated but believed to be around 1900. St James Church, Mytholm is at the bottom of the picture with Horsehold towards the top. PH86.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS00277.jpg
In the foreground Mytholm Hall which was demolished in the 1960s to make way for accommodation for the elderly PH12 HBS09

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS00235.jpg
In the foreground Mytholm Hall which was demolished in the 1960s to make way for sheltered accommodation

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC00581.jpg
Mytholm, looking up the Colden Valley. Mytholm Hall can be seen to the right of the photo, behind it stands the Parish Church of St James the Great. Eaves Mills can be seen beyond the church. On the left of the picture is Mytholm Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00145.jpg
View over Mytholm showing Mytholm Hall, and the King Street cottages that were prone to flooding. Right hand end of two storey house opposite was a Co-op. Bungalow in centre bottom was originally a Dawson City hut that was stone clad.
Christine…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/AGW00101.jpg
Possibly discussing the demolition of the hall and if there was an alternative. Third from left is Michael Newton and next to him is David Fletcher. The man with his back to camera is Mr Oakes - retired local headmaster.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2