Browse Items (19 total)

  • Tags: Named

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00275.jpg
Picture taken before the Salem Methodist Church (left of centre) was demolished. The large building to the left is Melbourne Mill and just behind can be seen the former Neptune Inn.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00208.jpg
Undated postcard. At the summit of Blackstone Edge and anecdotally built to have a view of Yorkshire from one side and Lancashire from the other.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RUD00109.jpg
These gentlemen could no doubt tell a tale or two. Has anyone any idea of identity or date? From a stereographic photograph.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05848.jpg
Looking across the square to the Shoulder of Mutton, with the Council Offices behind. Note the shop on the left, Innovation, which opened here on 7th Nov 1969 and then moved to Bridge Mill in June 1976.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00417.jpg
The cottages of Knowl Top and Edge Hey Green, at Colden, above Heptonstall, can be seen beyond the cows.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00375.jpg
Looking up Bridge Lanes towards its junction with Heptonstall Road. The large building on the left was Breck Mill, a corn mill, now demolished. On the right the buildings beyond the high gabled building were all demolished in 1964 and the area…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00112.jpg
Alice Longstaff is on the far left where she could quickly get into position after having set the delayed exposure on the camera. 5th from left back row is Lily Asling (nee Sunderland).

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00100.jpg
The Alice Longstaff Gallery logo. The idea for the collection’s logo came from a painting by Mr Donald Crossley that he presented to Alice in September 1991 to celebrate her 70 years in business. A few weeks later Alice had a heart attack and died…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00393.jpg
Mount Zion Chapel and Stubbings School can be seen on the hillside with the Hole in the Wall public house at the foot of The Buttress, and the Council Offices (now the Town Hall) on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LIL00142.jpg
This photographic studio was at 25 West End, Hebden Bridge

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05027.jpg
Enlarged extract from one of a series of Lithographs by A. F. Tait published in 1845 entitled "Views on the Manchester and Leeds Railway". The station opened in October 1840. Seen here the small station building on the 'Leeds line' is almost hidden…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05026.jpg
One of a series of Lithographs by A. F. Tait published in 1845 entitled "Views on the Manchester and Leeds Railway". The station opened in October 1840. To the left of the station the trestle bridge carrying the station road over the Calder and left…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01216.jpg
A. F. Tait print photographed by Westerman's in 1895.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DMC00106.jpg
In this photograph, taken from Dale Street, the public house seen on the left is The Royal George Inn which, until the end of the 18th century was known as The Ship Inn. Interestingly there was a watergate passage under the adjoining coal merchant’s…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2