Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: North Light roof

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00236.jpg
The Co-op weaving shed is on the right. In 1919 the fustian weavers co-operative at Nutclough Mill was acquired by the Co-operative Wholesale Society (CWS) but in 1967 the mill closed and the business transferred to Hebden Works seen here.

The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00195.jpg
The weaving shed with its north lights roof and Hebden Water taken from Nutclough Mill. Victoria Road top centre going off to the left; top left part of Hangingroyd Mill, long demolished, and the single storey building in front of it is now the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00787.jpg
Jean Forrest Recalls
Jack Bridge Mill was built in 1861 as a steam powered spinning mill with twin Lancashire boilers and a beam engine, all buildings being on one level. In 1862 a large weaving shed was added, at that time the largest in the valley…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2