Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Northgate

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06172.jpg
This is a view of the North end of Market Street and the top of Gaol Lane. The same view in 2015 would show the library and council buildings.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06164.jpg
Probably late 1950s, early 1960s, prior to demolition.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05148.jpg
The unusual octagonal Grade ll Listed Chapel which was built in 1764 and was one of the earliest Wesleyan Chapels in the country. It was built following one of John Wesley's many visits to Heptonstall where he had a large following.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05141.jpg
The plaque bearing the date 1736 is on a building which used to be part of the Cross Inn. The initials are for Henry and Elizabeth Foster, who had the house built.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05140.jpg
The plaque bearing the date 1736 is on a building which used to be part of the Cross Inn. The initials are for Henry and Elizabeth Foster, who had the house built.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DTA00193.jpg
Northgate, Heptonstall
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2