Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Old Cragg Hall

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00163.jpg
The house on the hillside behind the church is Cragg Hall before it was 'improved' by the Hinchliffes. Old Cragg Hall is towards the top of the picture, in the trees. Photo donated by Margaret Harrison

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00238.jpg
Originally built in 1617 it was re-built in the 1830s having fallen into disrepair.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01272.jpg
The sketch and description were originally published in The Halifax Courier in 1912-1913. The history of the original homestead is not available. Towards the close of the thirties, Mr Christopher Rawson obtained possession and as the structure was…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2