Browse Items (31 total)

  • Tags: Old_Gate

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00142.jpg
Looking from West End Bridge towards Old Bridge with Old Gate on the left and the rear of buildings on Bridge Gate on the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00131.jpg
The gentleman standing in the archway is Hebden Royd UDC Surveyor, Mr Moyse. The tenements on Old Gate at the bottom of the Buttress were demolished in 1967 as being unfit for human habitation.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00109.jpg
On the left is the Hole in the Wall and next to it the chimney of Hebden Bridge Mill. The building partly visible on the far right has now been demolished. Postcard.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00396.jpg
Looking along Old Gate following demolition works to open up the junction. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00395.jpg
The narrow road at its junction with Market Street. The building on the right, formerly Nickies Cafe, was demolished 1960s to open up the junction. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00394.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00393.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00392.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00391.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00390.jpg
The narrow junction with Market Street. The building on the left was demolished in order to open up the junction in the 1960s. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00389.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00388.jpg
The building in the centre of the picture is the rear of Nickies cafe. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00387.jpg
The building opposite the photographer has been demolished as has the building at the end to open up the junction with Market Street. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00382.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00380.jpg
On the left the 'Hole in the Wall' pub with the buildings of Buttress Brink demolished mid-1960s. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00142.jpg
To the left of Nicky's Cafe in the centre is the narrow entrance to Old Gate. The cafe was demolished mid-1960s to open up the junction. To the right of the cafe is a large clothing shop on Bridge Gate now the site of the car park. The road sign is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00140.jpg
Nicky's Cafe on the junction of Old Gate and Market Street, demolished mid-1960s to open up the junction. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC01013.jpg
Old Gate on the left and in the centre is the chimney of Bridge Mill, above it St John's Church and just visible above that the pediment of Birchcliffe Chapel. The buildings on the right have been demolished and a water side walkway over the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00810.jpg
In the centre the Old Bridge and Bridge Mill Chimney with Old Gate on the left. The buildings on the right fronted onto Bridge Gate but all have been demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00504.jpg
Viewed from West End Bridge, Old Gate is to the left, the chimney of Bridge Mill is in the centre of the picture.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00503.jpg
Viewed from West End Bridge, Old Gate is to the left, the chimney of Bridge Mill is in the centre of the picture. The bridge was scheduled as an ancient monument in 1932

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00498.jpg
Shows the old property on Old Gate where the Council Offices now stand.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00323.jpg
The 1843 extension to Bridge Mill does not show in this picture, therefore this picture was taken before that date. The road is now wider and has been raised. This is one of the oldest photos of Hebden Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00160.jpg
Taken from West End Bridge with Old Gate on the left and the former Moorland Rescue Post on the right. The chimney of Bridge Mill can be seen in the distance
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2