Browse Items (14 total)

  • Tags: Organ

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00113.jpg
Organ and pulpit.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people and there were six class rooms and a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00109.jpg
Interior of the chapel following closure. The organ and choir pews.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The last service was held…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00247.jpg
Taken prior to the re-ordering of the church which took place in the early 1990s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00120.jpg
This church was located on Scout Road, and closed for worship in December 22014. The new organ was consecrated 24th October, 1903.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MCR00122.jpg
Organist: Ian Ogden

Choir: Joan Oldfield, Ann Lightburn, Julie Yates, Claire Wilkinson (front), Joyce Brierley, Marylin Yare, Rachel Hodgins, Jean Wilkinson, Susan Hodgins, Pauline Waite, Barbara Lord, Susan Collinge

Shephards: Susan ?, Susan…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05026.jpg
Situated in Midgley Road, Mytholmroyd, the chapel opened in 1888, and cost £2,500. Dryrot forced its closure in 1960 and the congregation amalgamated with Scout Road Wesleyan Methodist church.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PAK00376.jpg
Although no longer used regularly for worship, which eased in 2001, the chapel has an active Friends group and the former Sunday School is used as artist's studios. Registered with the Historic Chapel Trust it regularly hosts concerts and other…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2