Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Palace House

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC09047.jpg
Palace House is in there foreground and the other side of what is now Calder Holmes Park Hope Baptist Church stands proud. On the left the road to Heptonstall winds up the hill past Crosslanes Chapel.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00140.jpg
The Catholic Church at Fairfield. St. Thomas of Canterbury was opened on 31st October 1896. The converted premises in Union Street became too small so land was purchased at Fairfield. Members of the congregation helped with its construction as thereā€¦

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01108.jpg
The low white building in the foreground is Palace House, after which the road is named. The large building in the foreground on the left is the Roman Catholic Church which was built 1896 and closed in 1991.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2