Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Parish Church

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00387.jpg
There has certainly been a church at Halifax for about 900 years. The Minster, formerly a Parish Church until 23 November 2009, was completed by about 1438. It comprises a nave, chancel and full-length aisles, and is thought to be the third church on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00381.jpg
There has been a church on this site for many centuries and it became a Minster in the 2000s. Postcard dated 1930.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DPC00379.jpg
There has been a church on this site for many centuries and it became a Minster in the 2000s. On the left is Dispensary Walk. Postcard dated 1908.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01392.jpg
1979 Halifax Calendar. Mainly a 15th Century building but with Norman and Early-English remains. PH16.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DMC00312.jpg
On the left is Todmorden Cricket Ground. On the right is the tower of Christ Church, which opened in 1832. It continued as the parish church of Todmorden until 1992 when St. Mary’s was re-dedicated and the church closed. It remained unused until 2003…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2