Browse Items (1254 total)

  • Tags: Places

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06188.jpg
A view up Crossley Street from Northgate. Buses clearly used to stop here. The 512 service serves Mixenden to this day.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06187.jpg
The junction of Lower Kirkgate and Berry Lane, Halifax. Mackintosh's factory is in the background, the chimney is still there. The coal shoots were just off the picture to the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06185.jpg
A view of Broad Street, just below the Town Hall which is just visible extreme right. April 1979

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06184.jpg
Can anybody help? Ref: 088264

Tags: ,

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06183.jpg
Unknown but possibly Northgate, Halifax prior to redevelopment. Can anybody help?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06182.jpg
Can anybody help?

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06181.jpg
The church building appears to be Northgate End Chapel. This area was redeveloped in the early 1980s and is now part of the bus station.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06177.jpg
To the right centre of the view can be seen Hunger Hill with The Shay Stadium to the left of it and Shaw Lodge flats at the very left. In the foreground is the industrial area around Water Hill and the railway line can be seen crossing the picture…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06176.jpg
Picture probably taken from Beacon Hill, shows Hunger Hill in the centre with The Shay Stadium (then both Football and Speedway) to the left and below that the industrial area around Water Hill. To the top right of the picture can be seen the then…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06175.jpg
This buidling was on the junction of Cow Green and Pellon Lane. It was closed in 1968 and demolished in 1971. The road in the centre of the picture is the bottom of Gibbet Street. The area of town was also known as Swine Gate.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06174.jpg
Possibly looking down Wade Street from Market Street, where it joined Northgate. probably early 1960s, prior to the whole area being demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06173.jpg
The Princes Arcade was a covered shopping area in the centre of Halifax. It was opened in 1931. It was closed in the late 1970s at the same time as the old Woolshops which were adjacent, prior to demolition. This is now the site of W H Smiths.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00228.jpg
Young men's class at Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Sunday School. Presentation in 1916 to Messrs J and J Wallon, teachers for many years

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00117.jpg
Officers and teachers who made a record attendance of 100% during the year 1921.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00115.jpg
Class leaders, Trustees, and Chapel Committee. Back row: Jas Boocock, W. Johnson, J.A. Walton, D. Crossland. Middle row: F. Stansfield, F. Robertshaw, A. Johnson, Sam Morgan, W. Oldfield, W. Brearley. Front row: T. Naylor, Sth Johnson, Jos Siddal, T.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TMW00112.jpg
Teachers and Officers, Centenary, 1923. Back row: Messrs J. Walton, A.J. Robertshaw, F. Stansfield, A. Johnson, W. Oldfield, T. Morgan. Second row: Mr D. Crossland, Misses E.E. Robertshaw, M. Naylor, D. Riley, B. Riley,A. Morgan, E. Riley, F. Naylor,…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2