Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Porter

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00226.jpg
An intermediate station on the GNR’s loop line from Laisterdyke to Shipley which had opened in 1875. The station here opened at the same but closing to passengers in 1931 and to goods in 1964 and the line finally closed over its whole length in1968.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00196.jpg
An intermediate station on the MR’s Ilkley – Skipton line it opened with the line in 1888. The great popularity of Bolton Abbey made it a very busy station particularly in summer with excursion trains of several railway companies; it was also the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00195.jpg
An intermediate station on the MR’s Ilkley – Skipton line it opened with the line in 1888. The station closed with the line in 1965 and the station buildings subsequently demolished and the site is now a housing estate.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00188.jpg
The MR’s branch from the Otley & Ilkley Joint Railway to their Aire Valley line at Apperley Junction had opened in 1865 and the station at Guiseley was opened at the same time. The connection to the Aire Valley line was Leeds facing which meant that…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00121.jpg
A station opened here at the same time as this section of the M&LR on 5th October 1840 and was the station for Huddersfield, reputedly built for the Armytage family of Kirklees Hall. It was closed in 1950.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00300.jpg
LYRS 2661 - An Aspinall 0-6-0 heading a local service from Bradford into the Station on the Pickle Bridge Branch between Wyke on the Halifax- Bradford line and Anchor Pit Junction east of Brighouse on the Calder Valley Main Line. The station opened…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00297.jpg
TMP 0226 - Although the Manchester & Leeds Railway opened throughout in 1841 a station wasn't built at Smithy Bridge until 1868. The station was closed in 1960 and the buildings and platforms demolished but a new station was opened in 1985 but with a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00251.jpg
LYRS 2795 - This was the third station on the site and dates from 1881. Seen here in about 1910 looking west with Dobroyd Castle on the hillside. On the right the ‘down’ side warehouse and the carriages in the left hand bay would have formed a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00215.jpg
LYRS 4478 - General view of the 'up' platform, buildings and canopy in 1951 with westbound Stanier 4-6-0 Class No. 45421. The station warehouse to the left and Victoria Mill beyond were demolished in the late 1960s. The sleepers on the platform…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2