Browse Items (8 total)

  • Tags: Porters Barrow

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00201.jpg
Damens Station seen here in MR days on the single track Keighley & Worth Valley Railway opened in 1867 a few months after the line had been inaugurated and reputedly was Britain's smallest standard-gauge railway station. The line was operated by the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00195.jpg
An intermediate station on the MR’s Ilkley – Skipton line it opened with the line in 1888. The station closed with the line in 1965 and the station buildings subsequently demolished and the site is now a housing estate.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00188.jpg
The MR’s branch from the Otley & Ilkley Joint Railway to their Aire Valley line at Apperley Junction had opened in 1865 and the station at Guiseley was opened at the same time. The connection to the Aire Valley line was Leeds facing which meant that…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00181.jpg
The station on the section of the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Skipton and Colne opened 1848 and was closed in 1952. The line between the two towns closed in 1970 but there is a campaign to get it re-opened.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00175.jpg
The first station here, known as Newlay, on the Leeds & Bradford Railway’s Aire Valley line opened in 1846 but the station seen here, possibly in MR days (ie pre-1923), dates from quadrupling the line in 1905 having been re-named Newlay & Horsforth…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00129.jpg
Built by the Midland Railway in 1846, with subsequent re-builds, it was the first station in Leeds centre. Up until the building of New Station in 1869 it was shared by the London & North Western Railway but thereafter it was used exclusively by the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00126.jpg
Normanton Station was opened on 30th June 1840 by the North Midland Railway, later a constituent part of the Midland Railway, on its Leeds-Derby line and on the same day the York & North Midland Railway opened between Normanton and York and this was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00111.jpg
Taken sometime between 1966 and 1973; a 1966 photo shows timber sleepers but here they are concrete and the station clock seen behind the second pillar had been removed by the time of a 1973 photo. The small steps on the platform were to assist…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2