Browse Items (30 total)

  • Tags: Pub
Situated on Lumbutts Road it is now a traditional country pub.
The hotel sign is on the wall of the former Nutclough House Hotel and above it are Eiffel Buildings with on the right houses on Keighley Road.
The hotel on the left is the former Nutclough House pub and above it the double-decker Eiffel Buildings on the road which runs down to join Keighley Road where vehicles can be seen.
With the Royal Oak on one side of the road and the White Lion on the other, drinkers had a choice!

Pismire Hill is said to have got its name from the smell of the soiled straw from the stables of the Royal Oak Hotel.
The highest pub in West Yorkshire. Shows fire damage to right hand side of building.
Now (2015) repaired and is a private dwelling.
Erected in 1657 as King's Farm, this Grade II listed building, which backs onto the River Hebden and its weir, is the oldest hotel in Hebden Bridge.
At the summit of the road between Ripponden and Littleborough.
Pub at Blackstone Edge, on the A58 border between Lancashire & Yorkshire.
In the middle of the 18th century it was called The White Swan and renamed The Lord Nelson after the Battle of Trafalgar (1805) It is in Luddenden Village opposite the church.
Lower Walshaw Dean Reservoir in background
Sign reads: "Ye Bowmen and ye Archers good, Come in and drink with Robin Hood. If Robin to that fate has gone, Then take a glass with Little John" 1834 A.D.
Sourhall, Todmorden. Ex Dog & Partridge, ex Country Friends - once a very busy pub & night club!
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2