Browse Items (488 total)

  • Tags: Public Houses

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS001401.jpg
The building on the right is the Golden Lion. The steps lead up to Longfield Road. "Neddy Bridge", the canal bridge by Fielden Square is off to the left of the picture.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00104.jpg
The name was changed to the General Rawdon in 1875, so this photograph must pre-date that.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC00795.jpg
Grade II



House, now flat and shop, late C17 with mid C19 and late C20 alterations with added barn late C18. Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate roof. 2 1/2 storeys. L- shaped group. Gable fronts road and has 5-light flat faced mullioned window…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01233.jpg
At one time home of the Hebden Bridge Sports and Social Club

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01231.jpg
Now a private house, was at one time the Tythe Barn Inn then the Thirsty Turtle.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01212.jpg
A building that has had several names. Originally the Liberal Rooms, it has been the home of Hebden Bridge Sports and Social Club, Crown House Hotel, Greenwood Inn, currently (2020) the Crown Inn.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2