Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Pulpit

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00405.jpg
Christ Church, Todmorden.

Around the year 1829 the vicar of St. Mary's in Todmorden, the Reverend Joseph Cowell, proposed that the church should be either rebuilt or enlarged at its present site. Another proposal was that it should be removed to…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00482.jpg
Birchcliffe Baptist Chapel, probably ready for its opening on 31st October 1899. It closed as a chapel in February 1974 and was bought by the Joseph Rowntree Social Services Trust. A floor was built across at balcony level to provide an upper storey.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05153.jpg
The old medieval church was badly damaged by a gale in 1847 but rather than repairing it a decision was taken to build a new church adjacent to it. Dedicated to St Thomas the Apostle this opened in 1854. This photo was taken before the re-ordering of…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2