Browse Items (187 total)

  • Tags: Reservoir

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DTA00154.jpg
The reservoir was designed by J. F. Bateman for Halifax Corporation to provide a water supply from Widdop to Halifax, 8 miles away.
It was constructed under an Act of Parliament passed in 1868. The first sod was cut on 26th July 1871 by Mayor H. C.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EWW00109.jpg
Looking from Lancashire into Yorkshire. Widdop Reservoir is on the right and Widdop Cross formerly stood on the grassy bank in the left foreground. September 1950

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/EWW00110.jpg
The upper end of Widdop Reservoir. September 1950.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JNB00517.jpg
Featured in Remains of Elmet, which contained poems by Ted Hughes.

An excellent view of Foster Mill

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBW00420.jpg
Part of a pair as the conduit goes over a dip in the slope. Stark symmetry is a surprise in this rural setting on a permitted path.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBW00421.jpg
Withens Clough conduit looking east to Cragg Vale

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00184.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00185.jpg
Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00186.jpg
Gorple Gate track dropping down on the far side. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2