Browse Items (24 total)

  • Tags: Riverside School

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00471.jpg
In the centre the aqueduct carrying the Rochdale Canal over the River Calder. To its left Riverside School and to the right Central Dyeworks, now enlarged and converted into appartments. The industrial building top right have now gone and replced…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00471.jpg
In the centre the aqueduct carrying the Rochdale Canal over the River Calder. To its left Riverside School and to the right Central Dyeworks, now enlarged and converted into appartments. The industrial building top right have now gone and replced…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00111.jpg
Date unknown. Noticeable in the centre are the arches of Stubbings School and next to it on the left is St John's Church, demolished in the 1980s. The 4 storeyed mill bottom centre was known as Melbourne Mill, which was demolished in 1983, now the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JET00117.jpg
Work on the Rochdale Canal prior to its re-opening for navigation.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00414.jpg
Bottom centre the passenger station and to its left the large railway warehouse and goods sidings. Above them can be seen Riverside School, originally Hebden Bridge Grammar School which opened 1909. At the top of Station Road by Princes Bridge is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00403.jpg
ALC00403. General view from Fairfield c.1910. The three chimneys from left to right are Beehive Works, Breck Mill and Salem Mill. The houses front right fronting on to what is now Palace House Road. The path on the left leading up to Old Chamber.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00354.jpg
c1929. Hebden Bridge Agricultural Show. Hebden Bridge Urban District Council purchased Calder Holmes Park in 1931 to be an open space for the town. Here we have an uninterrupted view across to Riverside School prior to the building of the Little…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00872.jpg
This was a Calder High School Lower School team, when they were bases at what is now riverside School in Hebden Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LLG00128.jpg
The rear of the theatre on Holme Street, newly constructed in 1993.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JSB00134.jpg
Looking towards Todmorden and the footbridge at the end of Holme Street, which leads to Calder Holmes Park. On the right you can just see Riverside School.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05034.jpg
View across the town late 19th or early 20th century prior to the building of Riverside School in 1908. Bottom right is Central School following enlargement in 1895. Looking up the river beyond the second bridge the Council Offices built in 1897/8.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05028.jpg
This photograph was taken in the closing years of the 19th century or the beginning of the 20th. The Rochdale Canal running from the bottom to the top right makes a useful guide to the town as it was then. The road over the narrow bridge at the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01202.jpg
From left to right across the picture, Calder Holmes Park, Riverside School, Blackpit Aqueduct, Melbourne Mill, and the former Neptune Inn. From a Geoff Boswell calendar, 2004. PH84.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01120.jpg
The playground in the foreground is for Riverside School on Holme Street, and immediately beyond that is the junction between the River Calder and Hebden Water, and beyond that is Central Street School.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01113.jpg
Built in 1909 as a secondary school, it has also been a Grammar School and is now Riverside Junior & Infants School.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS00114.jpg
c.1912. In the foreground the large station warehouse which had been extended in 1884 and the sidings. The warehouse was demolished in 1969 following serious fire damage but goods facilities had been withdrawn in 1966.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HBC01051.jpg
Situated on Holme Street, the brick building is the Trades Club, and behind the trees is Riverside School. The old Little Theatre has been demolished and preparations are starting for building the new one.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2